It’s finally here! We are very excited to release Issue 2, our Spring 2014 issue, which contains creative works from truly talented writers right here at University of Nebraska at Omaha. Our appropriately spring-themed cover image was created by our resident photographer, Chelsey Rinsey.
For the first week of the semester, January 13-17, you can receive your copy for FREE, through Amazon, of both Issue 1 AND Issue 2! After the 17th, the issues will be $4.99 each, so there is no time to waste. Get your copy of Issue 2 today!
To get these issues of 13th Floor Magazine, all you have to do is use the Amazon Kindle ereader, which is available as a free application for your desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone. To download and learn more about the free Kindle reading application, click here.
Although the year just began, Fall will be here before we know it. Don’t hesitate to start on your Fall 2014 submissions now!
- All files should be in .doc, .docx, or .rtx formats
- Do not put your name in the document. Do not put your name in the filename. Please use only the title of your work in the filename. This is very important to us as we want to maintain a fair and unbiased selection process for each of our submissions.
- In the body of your e-mail, please include a brief biography. You can write whatever you’d like, but feel free visit our Meet the Staff page if you need some ideas. If your submission is chosen for publication, your biography will be included in the magazine as well. Remember, the biography needs to be in the body of your e-mail, NOT your submitted work.
- All prose and poetry should be double spaced and in standard fonts Times New Roman or Arial.
- Be sure to thoroughly edit your work for spelling and grammar errors so you can represent your best work possible. If you need editing assistance, don’t hesitate to use campus services like the Writing Center.
- If you would like more tips on professionally formatting your document, please read Formatting 101 by Marlys Pearson.
Once you have professionally prepared your submission, e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember, include your biography in your e-mail!
If You Are an Educator
Please encourage your students to submit their best work. It’s a great way to get experience submitting professionally, and may result in publishing credits! Your help is crucial to making our campus magazine a success!