Hey writers and artists, we have a surprise for you! Mark those calendars again, because 13th Floor Magazine has decided to extend our submission deadline for upcoming Issue 3 to Monday, April 14th. This has been a wildly busy semester, jam packed with tests, projects, work, and trying to make time to write for ourselves in addition to everything else on our plate. We thought everyone could use a bit more time fine-tuning their works intended for submission, which inevitably ended up on the back burner because of other necessary responsibilities. So, if you didn’t get a chance to submit your creative, original works of fiction, creative non-fiction, personal essay, micro fiction, poetry, or art, now is the time to do it. We have a number of submitted work already, but always want more. There is an impressive amount of creativity at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and we want everyone to have an opportunity to show themselves through their passion. Please see below for exactly how to submit your final work to us. Best of luck, and happy writing!
- All files should be in .doc, .docx, or .rtx formats
- Do not put your name in the document. Do not put your name in the filename. Please use only the title of your work in the filename. This is very important to us as we want to maintain a fair and unbiased selection process for each of our submissions.
- In the body of your e-mail, please include a brief biography. You can write whatever you’d like, but feel free visit our Meet the Staff page if you need some ideas. If your submission is chosen for publication, your biography will be included in the magazine as well. Remember, the biography needs to be in the body of your e-mail, NOT your submitted work.
- All prose and poetry should be double spaced and in standard fonts Times New Roman or Arial.
- Be sure to thoroughly edit your work for spelling and grammar errors so you can represent your best work possible. If you need editing assistance, don’t hesitate to use campus services like the Writing Center.
- If you would like more tips on professionally formatting your document, please read Formatting 101 by Marlys Pearson.
Once you have professionally prepared your submission, e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember, include your biography in your e-mail!
If You Are an Educator
Please encourage your students to submit their best work. It’s a great way to get experience submitting professionally, and may result in publishing credits! Your help is crucial to making our campus magazine a success!