Our site will be undergoing scheduled maintenance starting just after midnight tonight. The site will be down on both Friday, April 1st, and Saturday, April 2nd. We expect things to be up and running again by Sunday, April 3rd.
Our submission guidelines will still be viewable until 11:59 P.M. on this very deadline day, March 31st. Thank you for your patience!
As we begin our last week of February, we are quickly approaching our halfway mark of this spring semester. It seems almost unreal how swiftly time has slipped away. That being said, the Issue 3 submission deadline is also rearing its head. March 31st is the very last day to send in your work, which is only five short weeks away. If you have not yet submitted your original, creative works of fiction, creative non-fiction, personal essay, micro fiction, poetry, or art, please do so sooner rather than later. This past Halloween, we learned about the legend of the evil Deadline, a monster just waiting to take victims who forgot to submit his or her work to 13th Floor Magazine. All Hallow’s Eve has come and passed, but Deadline is still out there…waiting. For those of you who are non-believers, click here if you want a refresher of what happened last fall.
If you have not submitted to 13th Floor Magazine before and are curious about what we publish, or are simply interested in previous Issues, Issue 1 and Issue 2 are available for purchase. Both Issues contain truly remarkable talent from students right here at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
We are very excited to receive more submissions for upcoming Issue 3, so please encourage your friends and classmates who have a passion and talent for writing to send us their work today!
- All files should be in .doc, .docx, or .rtx formats
- Do not put your name in the document. Do not put your name in the filename. Please use only the title of your work in the filename. This is very important to us as we want to maintain a fair and unbiased selection process for each of our submissions.
- In the body of your e-mail, please include a brief biography. You can write whatever you’d like, but feel free visit our Meet the Staff page if you need some ideas. If your submission is chosen for publication, your biography will be included in the magazine as well. Remember, the biography needs to be in the body of your e-mail, NOT your submitted work.
- All prose and poetry should be double spaced and in standard fonts Times New Roman or Arial.
- Be sure to thoroughly edit your work for spelling and grammar errors so you can represent your best work possible. If you need editing assistance, don’t hesitate to use campus services like the Writing Center.
- If you would like more tips on professionally formatting your document, please read Formatting 101 by Marlys Pearson.
Once you have professionally prepared your submission, e-mail it to email@example.com Remember, include your biography in your e-mail!
If You Are an Educator
Please encourage your students to submit their best work. It’s a great way to get experience submitting professionally, and may result in publishing credits! Your help is crucial to making our campus magazine a success!